Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A different kind of islander

Sorry I didn't post anything yesterday. We mostly slept all day. I guess that's what we get for trooping around nonstop for almost a week.

Today was super worth my early rise time (6:30am!) We took a day ferry and visited 3 islands south of Athens - Poros, Hydra, and Aegina.



This is the first island that we went to. It's a beautiful port town, and I had no idea that the other two islands were going to look as beautiful.



Okay, take notice of my skin tone. Nice and pale, tanned by the soft glow of computer and tv screens all day.



This is absolutely my favorite island in Greece. This is Hydra. It's a port town where cars are banned and the only transportation around are donkeys. Imagine what the air is like here - always clean and fresh. I'm going to have my honeymoon here and retire here as a cat lady when I'm old and my children have their own lives to live. :)



I'm trying to make you comprehend what the water looks like here. Unlike the rest of the world, I've never been to Hawaii, so this water absolutely baffles me.



Getting darker...



Aegina was the last city we went to. But by the time we were here, we were pooped out and exhausted.



Mission complete. Now when I tell people I'm Asian/Pacific Islander, my skin tone will match.

No comments:

Post a Comment