Sunday, November 8, 2009

Seaside

People might think that it's strange, but I really enjoy traveling by myself. Mainly because I have the type of personality that's always worried about other people and putting their needs before myself, so traveling with other people gets a bit stressful for me. I'd always make sure that they were okay, that they were enjoying themselves, worried that I was just dragging them around to places that I want to see. If I travel with someone who knows what they want and where they want to go, then that's okay. But I always stress out when they're too... complacent. I dunno...

And plus, I have very good traveling skills. I am perfectly fine sitting on a bus for two hours then jumping on a train for another two hours at 6:50am, then doing it all over again at 7pm. My body loves automotive transportation, so I can just sleep. Other people aren't blessed with those skills, so I'd hate to force people into uncomfortable traveling situations.

Portsmouth
I'd been missing the sea, so I took a trip to Portsmouth on the South End of England. It's home to the HMS Victory and other cool ships. And it's also home to shopping outlets. :] It's a port town (if you couldn't guess from the name), so it was lovely seeing the ocean again. The weather was crap, but it was crap in a good way. It reminded me of San Francisco and Daly City.



Took a bus at 7am from Coventry to London, then took a train from London Victoria to Portsmouth, about a 4 hour trip altogether. Here's a bit of the English countryside for you.



Here's one of the two old ships that is docked here. I don't know what it's called, but I'm ashamed that I didn't find out. :(



Here's the HMS Victory, docked right next to the Royal Naval Museum. Don't let the light fool you, it was drizzling at this point. Oh, and the sun sets at 5pm here. Really freaky.



Ended my day with some coffee at the Georgian, a cafe attached to the self-proclaimed "Biggest Antiques Shop on the Southside". Did I spend a large amount of time there? As Sarah Palin would say, "You betcha!"

No comments:

Post a Comment